Welcome!

I don't know how most of you feel, but I have decided that my menu needs a little more variety. So, in search of new delightful dishes to try, I thought it would be fun to start a recipe swap. I hope you'll take the time to share some of your favorites, and maybe find a few new ones to add to your own collection!

Search Recipes

Aloha Chicken

ALOHA CHICKEN
Serves: 4  
Ready in 30 mins or less

Ingredients:
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp oil
2 cans (8oz size) unsweetened pineapple chunks
1 tsp cornstarch
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp light teriyaki sauce or light soy sauce
1/8 tsp black pepper
hot cooked rice

Directions:
Flatten chicken to 1/4 inch thickness.  Place 1 tablespoon of flour in a large Ziploc bag; add chicken and shake to coat.  In skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil for 3 to5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.  Remove and keep warm.

Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice.  In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and reserved juice until smooth.  Add to skillet.  Stir in honey, teriyaki sauce and pepper.  Boil 30 seconds or until thickened.  Add pineapple chunks and chicken; heat through.  Serve over rice. (We had it with brown rice and it was excellent!)

*Note: Next time I think I'd like to have a little bit more sauce so I may increase the amount of pineapple juice, cornstarch, honey, and teriyaki sauce to make more.  It would probably be nice to have some to pour over the rice too. 

source: www.cdkitchen.com

No comments: