Welcome!

I don't know how most of you feel, but I have decided that my menu needs a little more variety. So, in search of new delightful dishes to try, I thought it would be fun to start a recipe swap. I hope you'll take the time to share some of your favorites, and maybe find a few new ones to add to your own collection!

Search Recipes

Carmel Popcorn

Carmel Popcorn

This is quite similar to the carmel popcorn recipe that we always made when I was growing up. It is pretty simple and doesn't take quite as long to cook as the one I remember making. It stays soft and is so yummy!

Ingredients:
1 1/8 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/2 cup butter
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 can sweetened condensed milk (I usually just put the whole thing in unless I have another use for the other half)
1/2 tsp vanilla

1 giant bowl of popped popcorn (I usually have plenty of carmel for one large and one medium bowl of popcorn - usually 3/4 full so there is stirring room)

Directions:
Combine first 4 ingredients in medium saucepan and stir over medium/high heat. Stir continuously. Let boil for 2-3 minutes (no longer) and then remove from heat. Add the milk and vanilla. Return to heat and stir until it just barely starts boiling again. Remove and drizzle over popcorn. Stir well to completely coat the popcorn.

For Sweetened condensed milk recipe from powdered milk, click HERE.  (Recipe found on Everyday Food Storage website.)
1/2 cup hot water (then boil - about 45 sec in microwave works great!)
1 Tbsp butter
1 cup pwd milk
1 cup sugar
Combine all ingredients in blender and blend very well.

(For printable handout, click HERE.)

No comments: