Welcome!

I don't know how most of you feel, but I have decided that my menu needs a little more variety. So, in search of new delightful dishes to try, I thought it would be fun to start a recipe swap. I hope you'll take the time to share some of your favorites, and maybe find a few new ones to add to your own collection!

Search Recipes

Strawberry and Romaine Salad

Strawberry and Romaine Salad and Dressing

Salad:
romaine lettuce, washed and torn
red onion, sliced
fresh strawberries, washed and sliced
slivered almonds, for garnish

Toss romaine, onion, and strawberries. Drizzle with dressing just before serving.


Dressing:
2 cups mayonnaise
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup light cream
1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
2 Tbsp poppy seeds
2 - 3 Tbsp raspberry jam

In a jar or other container with a tight fitting lid, combine all ingredients and shake well. Drizzle over salad.

Dressing can be kept at least a week in refrigerator and is good on fruit too.


(Recipe from Laura Bahr)

No comments: