Welcome!

I don't know how most of you feel, but I have decided that my menu needs a little more variety. So, in search of new delightful dishes to try, I thought it would be fun to start a recipe swap. I hope you'll take the time to share some of your favorites, and maybe find a few new ones to add to your own collection!

Search Recipes

Chicken Parmesan Bake

Source: http://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2008/02/end-of-chicken-parmesan-as-you-know-it.html


Ingredients:

2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
hot red pepper flakes, to taste
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cups marinara sauce
1/4 cup chopped basil
8 oz mozzarella, shredded
4 oz Parmesan, grated
1 (5-oz) package garlic croutons

Directions:
  • Preheat oven t 350*.
  • In a casserole dish - 9x13 or whatever you have, put in 2 Tbsp of olive oil and 2 cloves of crushed garlic. Mix those around so the bottom is coated. Add a couple shakes of red pepper flakes (optional, but good!).
  • Fill pan with chicken breasts. (The number will depend on the size of breasts you are using.)
  • Pour 2 cups of marinara sauce over the chicken. Then sprinkle about 1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil leaves. (You can also use dry but fresh is best).
  • On top of sauce, sprinkle half of mozzarella (4 oz), and half of Parmesan (2 oz).
  • Pour on your 5 oz package of croutons and spread out so that a single layer covers the whole dish.
  • Then sprinkle on the rest of your mozzarella (4 oz) and Parmesan(2 oz) cheeses.
  • Bake uncovered in 350* oven for 35 minutes. (May take up to an hour to cook depending on the chicken you use).
Shelley's notes:
  • I cooked this for about 35 minutes uncovered and then for another 25 or 30 minutes with tin foil on top because the chicken was not done and the top was already brown and toasty and I didn't want it overly toasted. My chicken ended up being really thick. Next time I would definitely cut my chicken to make it thinner - then it would cook faster and the layer of chicken would not be so huge and I think it would have a better balance with the other layers. If the chicken was thinner to begin with it would probably be fine.
  • I served this dinner with spaghetti noodles (we put the chicken parm on top of the noodles), a side of sauteed zucchini and yellow squash, and rolls. DELICIOUS!!



1 comment:

Steph said...

Looks amazing! I'll have to try it out.