Welcome!

I don't know how most of you feel, but I have decided that my menu needs a little more variety. So, in search of new delightful dishes to try, I thought it would be fun to start a recipe swap. I hope you'll take the time to share some of your favorites, and maybe find a few new ones to add to your own collection!

Search Recipes

German Pancakes

(The picture shows a 9"x13" pan which uses a double recipe.)


German Pancakes
(Hootenanny)

Oven Temp: 425 degrees F
Bake Time: 15 minutes
Yield: One 8"x8" pan

Ingredients:
3 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup butter


Directions:
  • Heat Oven to 425 degrees F.
  • Cut butter into four pieces and place in an 8"x8" glass baking dish. Place in oven to melt butter.
  • In large mixing bowl combine eggs, milk and salt. Whip until bubbly and fluffy. (About 2 minutes.) (You can also use a blender or hand mixer.)
  • Add flour to egg mixture and beat until fluffy.
  • When butter starts to bubble in oven, remove pan from oven and pour in batter; return to oven immediately.
  • Bake for 15 minutes.

(Recipe from Angee)

2 comments:

Pitcher Family said...

Mike and I love this!! We make a special syrup to top it. So yummy!!

Shelley said...

Hi Mandy - would you care to share your special syrup recipe? Let me know!