Welcome!

I don't know how most of you feel, but I have decided that my menu needs a little more variety. So, in search of new delightful dishes to try, I thought it would be fun to start a recipe swap. I hope you'll take the time to share some of your favorites, and maybe find a few new ones to add to your own collection!

Search Recipes

Tip: Cooked Chicken for Recipes

Cooked Chicken for Recipes

More of a cooking tip rather than a recipe: This is my favorite way to cook chicken for almost any recipe. It's great for any recipe that calls for diced or shredded chicken. The chicken turns out nice and moist and has a great flavor when cooked this way!


Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

(Chicken can be fresh or frozen. I typically use breasts but I'm sure it would work great with other pieces as well; you'll just have to adapt accordingly. You can do only the amount for your recipe, or do a bunch at once and refrigerate or freeze the excess for later use. I usually do this sometime earlier in the day so that it's ready to go when I'm making dinner - it makes it so easy!)

Place chicken breasts in baking dish making sure to not overlap any pieces. Drizzle a bit of olive oil over the tops, then season with a little bit of salt and pepper. Place in the oven to cook until the juices run clear or until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees F. when measured with a meat thermometer. Frozen breasts usually take 45 - 60 minutes.

After chicken is cool enough to handle, shred it into bite-size pieces with a fork. It is now ready to use in your recipe or to be refrigerated or frozen for later use.

2 comments:

Cali said...

I love to cook a lot of chicken and freeze it in 2 c. portions for later use. I've only ever tried the crockpot, but this sounds yummy! I'm going to have to give it a try.

Shelley said...

I've never done it in the crockpot. You'll have to tell me how to do it that way too!