Welcome!

I don't know how most of you feel, but I have decided that my menu needs a little more variety. So, in search of new delightful dishes to try, I thought it would be fun to start a recipe swap. I hope you'll take the time to share some of your favorites, and maybe find a few new ones to add to your own collection!

Search Recipes

Pizza Dough

Pizza Dough
Yield: 1 Large Pizza
Oven Temp: 500 degrees
Bake Time: 8-10 minutes

Alternate Recipe: Click Here for Whole Wheat version of this pizza dough.



1 cup hot water
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. yeast
approx. 3 cups flour

Mix together water, salt, sugar, yeast, and about half of flour. Slowly add remaining flour to make a soft dough (not too runny to work with, but not as stiff as bread dough). Let dough rise 5-6 minutes. Spray pizza pan with cooking spray and sprinkle with cornmeal (or corn muffin mix). Roll dough out on pan and again let rise 5-6 minutes. Spread with pizza sauce and top with shredded cheese and toppings of choice. Bake at 500 degrees (375 degrees for darker pans) on bottom rack of oven for 8-10 minutes.

- Recipe from Susan Hawkins

1 comment:

Alicia Steere said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this recipe! I just tried it for dinner tonight and my goodness it turned out awesome!!! The kids LOVED being able to make their own pizza's and they all tasted so good! Thank you SO much for sharing!!!